[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope.Com Geeks] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: ZODB3/ZEO - schema.xml:1.2

Chris McDonough chrism@zope.com
07 Jan 2003 11:50:16 -0500

On Tue, 2003-01-07 at 10:24, Jeremy Hylton wrote:

> Is there a separate schema for the logging?  I'm not really sure what
> the state of logging configuration is on the trunk.

The trunk really doesn't matter too much (it still uses envvars for
configuration).  The best source of logging schema information is
lib/python/Zope/Startup/zopeschema.xml on the chrism-install-branch (as
well as the associated datatype converters).
lib/python/Zope/Startup/__init__.py's start_zope function makes use of
the converted datatypes to create loggers and handles event log messages
until such time as its safe to create them.

Zope is concerned with three loggers: the event log (zLOG), the access
log and the trace log.  ZEO only needs the event log.  It sounds as if
Fred's schema import stuff isn't quite ready for primetime, so in the
meantime maybe we can just use good old cut and paste for just the zLOG
info into ZEO.

> It would be great if people who care about zdctl give the current code
> a try.

I think that consists primarily of only myself and Tres and I doubt
either of us have the bandwidth to investigate for the foreseeable
future.