[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope.Com Geeks] Re: [Zope-Checkins] CVS: ZODB3/ZEO - schema.xml:1.2

Fred L. Drake, Jr. fred@zope.com
Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:39:39 -0500

Jeremy Hylton writes:
 > It would probably be good to use the schema import stuff, just so we
 > have some real experience with it.

Yes, but that's not ready yet.  ;-(  There are some design issues
which I'll go into separately.

 >   CM> I think we also need to include event log configuration data (we
 >   CM> should stamp out usage of ennvars like EVENT_LOG_FILE and
 >   CM> STUPID_LOG_FILE when possible and allow folks to write ZEO log
 >   CM> messages to other kinds of handlers).
 >
 > Is there a separate schema for the logging?  I'm not really sure what
 > the state of logging configuration is on the trunk.

There will be at some point, hopefully soon.  I'm thinking it should
be based on Chris's work with this, which was shaping up nicely the
last I looked.

  -Fred

--
Fred L. Drake, Jr.  <fred at zope.com>