[ZODB-Dev] ZODB performance

Hector Sanchez SanMartin Hector.Sanchez@cern.ch
Wed, 15 Jan 2003 17:29:47 +0100

Hello there,

  Well, just wanted to know about experiences from others in order to
have a first messurement and how successfully people is using it apart
from Zope. I'm quite new to ZODB and in my project it's quite
revolutionary not to base developement in a RDMB.

>I have been able to convince my management to use open-source tools like
>ZOPE/ZODB by demonstrating it for them, "Seeing is believing".  In past
>attempts to justify a particular technology I provided management with
>detailed and long technical reasons why we should use this or that
>technology.  My current manager has a masters in CS and years of experience
>but still needs to see something first hand.  Another benefit of presenting a
>demo is that you can prove the technology for yourself, which will in turn
>make your project move faster.

This is exactly what I'm doing but I didn't get very good results so I
was wondering if I was doing something wrong...that's why I asked, ;)
Now, it's seems with ZEO performance increases quite a lot.

  Thanks for your advises...

--
Hector Sanchez

CERN Document Server ** <http://cds.cern.ch/> ** <cds.support@cern.ch>
InDiCo Project       ** <http://indico.sissa.it>
Room: Bldg 510-R-007 ** Voice: +41-22-7673829 ** Fax: +41-22-7678142