[ZODB-Dev] RFC: Proposal for AuthZEO (was SecureZEO one day)

Jeremy Hylton jeremy@zope.com (Jeremy Hylton)
Fri, 17 Jan 2003 16:22:22 -0500

  CR> Done. I've gone back to looking at the old messages, and I
  CR> noticed that you suggested SRP. Just so you don't think I
  CR> ignored this (or pluggable) authentication, I didn't - the
  CR> protocol section was already done and I shipped it as was.

  CR> I'll have a look at an implementation I found at
  CR> http://members.tripod.com/professor_tom/archives/srpsocket.html
  CR> and see if we can reuse code from there. Does anybody have a
  CR> comment on it?  There is no license stated, so I would have to
  CR> write the author asking, but apart from that it doesn't seem
  CR> like it would be a problem.

Do you have any idea how hard it will be to integrate the
implementation with asyncore?  The ZEO client needs to avoid doing
blocking socket operations from the main thread.

Jeremy