[ZODB-Dev] Corrupted zodb fun

Paul Winkler pw_lists@slinkp.com
Thu, 23 Jan 2003 14:44:07 -0800

On Thu, Jan 23, 2003 at 11:16:42AM +0200, Myroslav Opyr wrote:
> But what was the cause? Which component failed and how this can be
> prevented/predicted/corrected?

I have no idea. I was hoping somebody here could point me
to some techniques to find that out.

The one remaining concrete suggestion I received from
the zope list was from Toby Dickenson, who said:

"""
It shouldnt be hard to change fsrefs to dump the oid reference chain that
leads to the dangling reference. DirectoryStorage 1.0 will do that if it
finds a dangling reference during packing - for 1.1 I plan to move that
feature into checkds where it belongs.

However an oid reference chain wont tell you the application-level id of the
object, but you can deduce that by looking at pickles.
"""

I haven't had a chance to do that yet.

If anyone's REALLY curious, I have a backup of the 2 GB
file that I could email you. ;-)

--

Paul Winkler
http://www.slinkp.com