[ZODB-Dev] Using ZEO 2.1b2 with Zope 2.5.1?

fzachman fzachman at codeit.com
Tue Jul 8 19:01:28 EDT 2003

Sorry if this question is really obvious, but I've hunted on google, the
list archives, forums and even tried asking in the zope chat room on
freenode (ha! good luck getting a response there)...

Anyways, is it possible to use ZEO 2.1b2 with Zope 2.5.1?  And if so,
can someone please point me to documentation on how to upgrade?

It seems to me from my initial testing that 2.1b2 is pretty intimately
tied to ZODB3.1x, which of course Zope 2.5.1 doesn't use.  Do I need to
merely install ZODB3.1 to give the ZEO code access to it, or do I need
to actually upgrade my Zope instance to use ZODB3.1.  Is the latter even
possible?

I'd like to avoid having to upgrade my Zope instance if at all possible
(it's an old and heavily used site with a lot of cruft that will
probably break if I upgrade.)

Any links to documentation on getting these 2 to work together would be
greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Forest