[ZODB-Dev] Transaction

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Tue Jul 15 18:58:43 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 13:03, Paolo Invernizzi wrote:
> I've forgotten to mention I would like to try to implement it with
> ZODB4... ;-(
> I think that I must implement IDataManager interface...
> Must I subclass the database connection and add my
> prepare/abort/commit/savepoint stuff there (along calling the base
> prepare/abort/commit/savepoint)?
> Or must I implement a new DataManager and (donno how and if it is
> possible) register the MyFile with it?

Implement a new IDataManager.  Most of the code in Connection is for
managing persistent objects, which wouldn't be relevant for you.

The IDataManager interface is documented relatively well.  You must also
arrange to have your implementation registered with the transaction
manager.  get_transaction().register(obj).

Jeremy