[ZODB-Dev] Using BerkeleyDB

Barry Warsaw barry at zope.com
Tue Jun 3 04:23:22 EDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 21:35, Richard Jones wrote:

> I grabbed the latest bsddb3Storage-2.0beta2 and then hit another brick
> wall. I get the feeling that I'm being far too enthusiastic an early
> adopter...

Don't use this -- it's very old.  If you remind me where you got it,
I'll make sure no one else accidently uses it <wink>

You either want to use ZODB 3.2 beta 1 or grab ZODB 4 from the Zope 3
CVS tree.  Either one of those will have the latest BerkeleyDB based
storage code (modulo a few minor not-yet-backported patches).  The
Berkeley storages were not distributed with Zope 2.6, but will with Zope
2.7.  I'm no longer making separate Berkeley storage releases.

-Barry