[ZODB-Dev] Using BerkeleyDB

Richard Jones richard at commonground.com.au
Wed Jun 4 09:55:48 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 04 June 2003 04:53 am, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-02 at 23:51, Richard Jones wrote:
> > >
> > > Probably, although now we'll have that information in three places (see
> > > also BDBStorage/BerkeleyConfig.py).
> >
> > Does it belong in the BerkeleyConfig class docstring?
>
> I think we need to put /something/ in the docstring, since (at least to
> me <wink>) that's the most natural place to go looking for it.

I think an end user (ie someone trying to get their zope.conf right) shouldn't
be asked to look in the source ;)

> > I'll admit it's
> > probably convenient there, but it would make auto-documentation of the
> > schema more difficult. OTOH we could ditch auto-documentation, but then
> > we'd be maintaining another documentation text manually which
> > duplicates the explanations *again*.
>
> I guess I really don't know what the "auto-documentation of the schema"
> is.  My bad.

See my post "ZConfig schema dump as HTML" on zope-coders:

  http://mail.zope.org/pipermail/zope-coders/2003-June/003714.html

and the results at:

  http://mechanicalcat.net/tech/zope/Zope_schema.html

     Richard