[ZODB-Dev] Can ZEO serve Ape storage?

Choo Zhi Min issczm at nus.edu.sg
Sat Jun 7 03:48:51 EDT 2003

Hi,

I managed to disable ZEO client cache by referring to your patch file, though I was not using ZEO from cvs. After this and some modification given in your email, ZEO + ApeFS worked.

I also got MySQL mounted using Ape, but needed to modify dbtab.conf a bit. I used MySQL with transactional tables or else Zope would encounter some confilcts when doing writing.

[Database: MySQL]
class=apelib.zodb3.db.ApeDB
factory=apelib.zope2.sqlmapper.createMapper
module_name=MySQLdb
cache_size=4000
mount_paths=/Storages/MySQL

I wonder what is the performance impact when ZEO client cache is turned off...

Can Ape oidencoder.py be modified to use ZODB.utils for oid encode and decode, since ZEO cache oid uses 8-byte string. What is the oid format in Ape?

Regards,
Zhi Min