[ZODB-Dev] non-transactional undo

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Tue Jun 17 10:42:04 EDT 2003

On Monday 16 June 2003 13:43, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> On Mon, 2003-06-16 at 08:00, Toby Dickenson wrote:
> > Does anyone use non-transactional undo? Zope doesnt.
> >
> > This is the only place that FileStorage writes somewhere other than the
> > tail of the file, so the possibility of a non-transactional undo
> > complicates any backup schemes. Im not aware of any other storage that
> > supports it, other than FileStorage.
>
> Non-transactional undo is evil. :)
>
> > If noone is using it, can we set a schedule for removing it?
>
> ZODB4...?

I think the repozo.py tool (FileStorage backup tool that I didnt know about
until this morning!) isnt safe because of non-transactional undo (and
possibly other reasons - I stopped reviewing)

Can we set a schedule for removing it in ZODB3?
If not removing it, inhibiting it by default.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson