[ZODB-Dev] non-transactional undo

Barry Warsaw barry at python.org
Tue Jun 17 13:41:04 EDT 2003

On Tue, 2003-06-17 at 04:42, Toby Dickenson wrote:

> > ZODB4...?
>
> I think the repozo.py tool (FileStorage backup tool that I didnt know about
> until this morning!) isnt safe because of non-transactional undo (and
> possibly other reasons - I stopped reviewing)

Actually, it ought to be "safe" by virtue that if the md5 checksums of
the incremental backups don't match the same span of bytes in the
Data.fs file, repozo will perform a full backup.  /If/ you don't use the
-Q/--quick option, which you shouldn't do if you're using
non-transactional undo.

> Can we set a schedule for removing it in ZODB3?
> If not removing it, inhibiting it by default.

I believe Zope 2.something already defaults to transactional undo.  I
don't remember what the "something" is, but "someone" might.  So you
should only be vulnerable when using older Zopes or applications that
themselves default to non-transactional undo.

-Barry