[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope] Adaptable Storage Problem

Chris Withers chrisw@nipltd.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 12:05:15 +0000

[moved to a more specific list]
Andy McKay wrote:
>> I don't understand how a portal_catalog won't pickle with
>> AdaptableStorage
>> but will with the ZODB.
>
> You'll probably want to be pickling the content, not the all tools, so
> mount your Members folder, or wherever you have your content.

Hmmm... What can't you pickle Plone's catalog tool? That smells like a bug to me...

In any case, it'd be nice to use AS for a whole Site. I'd like to have a whole
Application object ,but the Control Panel is beign unhelpful :-S

Shane mentioned some possibilities relating to that, but I don't know if he
found whether it was possible or not...

Shane?

cheers,

Chris