[ZODB-Dev] Re: [Zope] Adaptable Storage Problem

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Mon, 03 Mar 2003 10:00:08 -0500

Chris Withers wrote:
> [moved to a more specific list]
> Andy McKay wrote:
>
>>> I don't understand how a portal_catalog won't pickle with
>>> AdaptableStorage
>>> but will with the ZODB.

There are bugs in the catalog that get exposed only by AdaptableStorage.
  Specifically, certain pieces of code try to store acquisition wrappers
in the database.  Normal ZODB ignores the attempt, but AS can't tolerate
it so well.  I've been trying to fix these bugs as time permits.

>> You'll probably want to be pickling the content, not the all tools, so
>> mount your Members folder, or wherever you have your content.
>

> Hmmm... What can't you pickle Plone's catalog tool? That smells like a
> bug to me...
>
> In any case, it'd be nice to use AS for a whole Site. I'd like to have a
> whole Application object ,but the Control Panel is beign unhelpful :-S
>
> Shane mentioned some possibilities relating to that, but I don't know if
> he found whether it was possible or not...

It's certainly possible, it just requires some work. :-)

Shane