[ZODB-Dev] fsrecover.py and fstest.py Tool with Zope 2.6.1Btrees

Kummer, Ben KUMMER@vdivde-it.de
Wed, 5 Mar 2003 09:53:13 +0100

> I can't really tell what has gone wrong.  The ZODB test suite doesn't
> cover fstest and fsrecover, so there may be bugs there that we never
> noticed.  (We should make sure we have tests for these tools!)
>=20
> The fact that the recovered data.fs is exactly 4 bytes long means it
> only has the magic number.  The recovery script didn't find=20
> anything it
> could salvage.  The situation may not be as bad as that=20
> sounds, though,
> because the recovery script was designed to a small chunk of bad data
> somewhere in the file.
>=20
> Any chance you can send me the data.fs before you ran recover and the
> data.fs.old that was generated from the pack?  (I've got a=20
> 60GB disk on
> my desktop.)
>=20
> Jeremy

Jeremy,=20
many thanks for you reply.

my main intention was to report that fstest and fsrecover could not test =
or recover the Data.fs from Zope 2.6.1.  I can also reproduce the error =
with a newly created data.fs from a binary linux and windows =
installation of zope 2.6.1.

So my assumption is because of the changes in the data.fs, fsrecover an =
fstest.py fail.
I needed fsrecover in the past from time to time and was very happy to =
have the tools fstest and fsrecover to detect failures and repair the =
data.fs.But i have a uneasy feeling without these tools, or exists other =
tools which can help me out if  the data.fs is corrupted?

Fortunately I did not loss my production data.fs. I recovered my =
data.fs.old and everything works fine. Also fstest reported no error.

I can send you the data.fs from a newly installed zope if you want to =
test it.=20

Ben