[ZODB-Dev] Berkeley Storage Question

Martijn Jacobs mart@eastsite.nl
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 18:12:14 +0100

Hello you all.

I'm trying to setup Zope so it will use the Berkeley Storage Adapter. I
compiled both  Berkeley (4.1) and pyBSDDB(3-4.3) from source and the
test suites don't give any error. However, when using the Zope Berkely
Storage (2.0 beta 2), the zope startup script generates the next error :

File
/usr/local/zope_berkeley/lib/python2.1/site-packages/bsddb3Storage/Full.py,
line 475, in _begin
    (Object: kekjo)
  File
/usr/local/zope_berkeley/lib/python2.1/site-packages/bsddb3Storage/BerkeleyBase.py,
line 348, in _withtxn
    (Object: kekjo)
  File
/usr/local/zope_berkeley/lib/python2.1/site-packages/bsddb3Storage/Full.py,
line 471, in _dobegin
    (Object: kekjo)
DBInvalidArgError: (22, 'Invalid argument -- Transaction specified for a
DB handle opened outside a transaction')

No matter what I try, I will always get this error.
I tried different versions of the pyBSDDB library, applied the patch to
the Berkely source, but it will give this error. I use Zope 2.6.1

Anybody an idea?

--
Martijn Jacobs
mart@eastsite.nl