[ZODB-Dev] Berkeley Storage Question

Barry A. Warsaw barry@zope.com
Mon, 17 Mar 2003 12:21:04 -0500

    MJ> I'm trying to setup Zope so it will use the Berkeley Storage
    MJ> Adapter. I compiled both Berkeley (4.1) and pyBSDDB(3-4.3)
    MJ> from source and the test suites don't give any error. However,
    MJ> when using the Zope Berkely Storage (2.0 beta 2), the zope
    MJ> startup script generates the next error :

    MJ> No matter what I try, I will always get this error.  I tried
    MJ> different versions of the pyBSDDB library, applied the patch
    MJ> to the Berkely source, but it will give this error. I use Zope
    MJ> 2.6.1

Zope 2.6.x doesn't come with the Berkeley storages, although Zope 2.7
will.  I suspect that the version you're using is just too
out-of-date.

A quick suggestion is to grab the latest BDBStorage directory from
cvs:

    http://cvs.zope.org/Zope/lib/python/BDBStorage/

and install that.  If it's not feasible to get this from cvs, let me
know and I will try to make a tarfile for you (we're not distributing
it as a distutils package any more).

Cheers,
-Barry