[ZODB-Dev] what about using ZODB for non-python oriented application persistence

Tim Hoffman timh@zute.net
20 Mar 2003 21:58:55 +0800

Hi

I am casting around for a object persistence framework
which has all of the facilities that zope has (i.e.
ZEO, small footprint, cross platform, multiple storage mechanisms
a level of concurrency etc.... could be used for a single
user app, or scale up for moderate multiuser with low write volume
with ZEO)

the target environment is virtually all C++ and Delphi.
And there is no python yet.

and I haven't found anything that really rivals ZODB.

So do you think it would be feasible to introduce python into
such an application only (at least in the first instance ;-)
to achieve object persistence. Obviously it would require
some interesting wrapping of objects etc...

Is it something that anyone would even consider ?

Thoughts, comments (like don't be stupid are welcome)
I have to say I really haven't thought it through yet,
just the beginnings of an idea.

Rgds

Tim