[ZODB-Dev] what about using ZODB for non-python oriented application persistence

Dieter Maurer dieter@handshake.de
Thu, 20 Mar 2003 21:22:14 +0100

Tim Hoffman wrote at 2003-3-20 21:58 +0800:
 > I am casting around for a object persistence framework
 > which has all of the facilities that zope has (i.e.
 > ZEO, small footprint, cross platform, multiple storage mechanisms
 > a level of concurrency etc.... could be used for a single
 > user app, or scale up for moderate multiuser with low write volume
 > with ZEO)
 >
 > the target environment is virtually all C++ and Delphi.
 > And there is no python yet.
 >
 > and I haven't found anything that really rivals ZODB.
 >
 > So do you think it would be feasible to introduce python into
 > such an application only (at least in the first instance ;-)
 > to achieve object persistence. Obviously it would require
 > some interesting wrapping of objects etc...
 >
 > Is it something that anyone would even consider ?

This seems a bit indirect.

  You serialize C++ objects in Python and then store them
  in ZODB.

You may find "Boost.Python" helpful. It could handle
the wrapping part transparently (with a little help from you).

Dieter