[ZODB-Dev] Using AdaptableStorage

Rocky Burt rocky.burt@bricsnet.com
24 Mar 2003 14:29:16 -0500

Hey all,

Time to start yet another AdaptableStorage conversation ;)

I want to be able to use AdaptableStorage in a production environment on
a MS SQL Server database within the next couple months.  Here is what I
see as outstanding issues concerning AdaptableStorage.

  1. Performance has not yet been addressed (of course I realize that
AdaptableStorage is still in development)

  2. Content/object mapping configuration is too tedious/complicated

  3. Too cumbersome configuring any db other than PostgreSQL to work.

  4. Mounting storages is cumbersome (this is probably something for
DBTab, but in our current circumstances, it directly references
AdaptableStorage as well ;))

Now, here are some questions of mine:

  1. Is there a commercial entity pushing the development of
AdaptableStorage, or is this a pure opensource project?

  2. What can I do to help?

ps.  I just remembered AdaptableStorage has been renamed to APE, sorry
;)

Regards,
Rocky