[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage database unrecoverable?

Steve Alexander steve@cat-box.net
Tue, 25 Mar 2003 11:32:40 +0200

Shane Hathaway wrote:

> Yikes, it looks like the file is actually 2^31 bytes or larger, making
> it so that even file.tell() fails.  In the short term, if you trim the
> file to 2147483647 bytes (2^31 - 1), you'll probably be able to open it
> or use fsrecover.

Shane,

Didn't you once write a patch to FileStorage that split the Data.fs into
a number of portions, and thus allowed large FileStorages to be used on
systems that don't support large files?

I remember at the time I thought that was a great idea.

One of the neat uses was to have the Data.fs partitioned into CD-sized
chunks for backup.

--
Steve Alexander