[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage database unrecoverable?

Shane Hathaway shane@zope.com
Wed, 26 Mar 2003 13:11:56 -0500 (EST)

On Wed, 26 Mar 2003, Christian Reis wrote:

> On Tue, Mar 25, 2003 at 09:00:23AM -0500, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> > > One of the neat uses was to have the Data.fs partitioned into CD-sized
> > > chunks for backup.
> >
> > Yes.  But most people I've talked to about it don't think it's worth the
> > effort, saying that large files are now supported everywhere that
> > matters, so I've been maintaining it privately.
>
> Am I wrong in thinking that another reason is that DirectoryStorage and
> BerkeleyStorage already break the database up in separate files too,
> which alleviates this problem to an extent?

That's right.  PartitionedFileStorage doesn't do anything that the more
interesting storages can't do.  At the time I created the hack, the
alternatives were not yet mature, but now they are.

Shane