[ZODB-Dev] FileStorage database unrecoverable?

Greg Czajkowski gregczajkowski@yahoo.com
Thu, 27 Mar 2003 16:58:49 -0800 (PST)

This brings up a question of mine, does packing time
increase with the size of FileStorage? If so, is it
linear? Now how does PartitionedFileStorage compare?

The reason I am asking is my database will be growing
to over 10GB within the next six months, it stores one
OOBtree which consists of
strings,lists,tuples,longs,ints, and dicts.
I have been trying to find the best Storage solution
in terms of first size, then speed of analyzing every
single BTree item. (I dont need undo support, just
read/write/del)

Berkeley was out of the question because database grew
way too large. Not enough memory for MappingStorage.
Haven't tried DirectoryStorage. Read CompressedStorage
has bugs, so I stuck with FileStorage.

Regards,
--G