[ZODB-Dev] Re: Ape and retrieval of other zodb items

Rocky Burt rocky.burt at bricsnet.com
Thu May 1 19:58:07 EDT 2003

On Thu, 2003-05-01 at 14:48, Shane Hathaway wrote:
> To enable Ape to potentially work with ZEO, gateways do not have access
> to the live object system for introspection.  Any information you need
> from the ZClass needs to be exposed to the gateway through the state
> created by the serializer.  This might mean you need a special serializer.

Well, an alternative to this for me would be that if I could get the
attribute name (id) being requested from the event object on the
load(event) call.  But it seems to me that its impossible to get that
info as well (or is it?)

ps.  I don't need access to the object, I just need access to the class
that the object is derived from ;)

- Rocky