[ZODB-Dev] ZEO2 tracks session with TemporaryFolder...need confirmation.

zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg zhimin at iss.nus.edu.sg
Tue May 13 12:02:07 EDT 2003

Hello list,

I have a small ZEO cluster (1 ZEO server and 2 ZEO clients) served by a
round-robin load balancer. Using the default setup , I can access Plone
site (residing in ZEO server)  without session conflict. I didn't use any
persistent storage (Berkeley storage, External Mount, DBTab, etc.) to store
session. I just use the TemporaryFolder in the default setup. Also the z2
log shows that the ZEO clients do take turn to serve webpages.

Here's how I test:
    1) Login.
    2) Navigate the site few times. I remain logged in when I navigate the
site, indicating that both ZEO clients are aware of my session state. Am I
correct to say this?
    3) click "my preferences".
    4) copy the URL:
http://myhost.com/myplonesite/portal_form/personalize_form
    5) logout
    6) paste and goto
http://myhost.com/myplonesite/portal_form/personalize_form
    7) Plone notifies me that I am not logged in.

Can anyone tell me if ZEO2 already supports session tracking?
Is the above test valid in testing session tracking? Any idea to test
whether the setup has a correct session tracking setup?
Thanks a lot!

===== My Setup =====
Zope Version         (Zope 2.6.0 (binary release, python 2.1, win32-x86),
python 2.1.3, win32)
Python Version      2.1.3 (#35, Apr 8 2002, 17:47:50) [MSC 32 bit (Intel)]
System Platform    win32
ZEO Version           2.0.1b1
Load Balancer       Round-robin load balancing with Apache 2.0.45 with
mod_rewrite

ZEO clients and server run at separate machines.
ZEO clients run at 192.168.1.1
ZEO server run at 192.168.1.2

===== ZEO server =====
"C:\Program Files\ZEO\bin\python.exe" "C:\Program
Files\ZEO\lib\python\ZEO\start.py" -p 9001
no custom_zodb.py
no StorageConfig.py

===== ZEO clients in same installation=====
"C:\Program Files\Zope\bin\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\Zope\z2.py" -D -w
8001 -l "z2_8001.log"
"C:\Program Files\Zope\bin\python.exe" "C:\Program Files\Zope\z2.py" -D -w
8002 -l "z2_8002.log"

===== custom_zodb.py for ZEO clients =====
from ZEO.ClientStorage import ClientStorage
Storage = ClientStorage(('192.168.1.2', 9001))

Regards,
Zhi Min