[ZODB-Dev] ZEO2 tracks session with TemporaryFolder...needconfirmation.

Chris McDonough chrism at zope.com
Tue May 13 02:14:49 EDT 2003

Sessions have nothing to do with authentication credentials unless
you're using a "session user folder" or something like it, which you
don't say you are... the stock user folder doesn't rely on sessions to
control access; instead it relies on browser HTTP basic
authentication.  Note also that ZEO knows nothing whatsoever about
session tracking; session data may be stored in a storage which is
served from ZEO, but you need to make that happen manually.

Please read the Zope Book 2.6 Edition chapter about session tracking
(http://www.zope.org/Documentation/Books/ZopeBook/2_6Edition) to get
an answer to your other questions and to get an understanding of what
session tracking does and how it can be set up in more advanced
configurations (across ZEO servers in particular).

- C