[ZODB-Dev] Is there an official patch for the problems with packing and data loss?

hazmat hazmat at objectrealms.net
Tue May 13 23:41:03 EDT 2003

Jeremy Hylton wrote:

>On Tue, 2003-05-13 at 14:34, Joachim Werner wrote:
>

>>Is there an official patch for the problems with loosing data during (or
>>after) packing that many people experience with Zope 2.6.1 (and ZEO in
>>most cases)?
>>

>ZEO doesn't have anything to do with it as far as I can tell.

unrelated... but also another reason to celebrate a new release ;-)

i just finished testing a hanging zeo cluster setup that the new code
also fixes. specifically the invalidateTransaction code of the last
stable zodb3 release seemed to have a timing/deadlock issue that could
trigger client hangs. i updated to the current cvs and have been
pounding it on with some threaded functional tests and it seems pretty
solid :-)

>There will be a ZODB 3.1.2b1 release today.  A Zope 2.6.2b1 release
>should happen by tomorrow at the latest.

and there was much rejoicing.

cheers,

-haz