[ZODB-Dev] Is there an official patch for the problems with packing and data loss?

Toby Dickenson tdickenson at geminidataloggers.com
Wed May 14 20:48:45 EDT 2003

On Wednesday 14 May 2003 5:42 pm, Chris Withers wrote:
> Tim Peters wrote:
> > The recently fixed bugs in FileStorage packing have been there a long
> > time, and it's a measure of their infrequency and obscurity that it's
> > taken such a long time for the cause to be found.
>
> Hmmm, I'm not debating the bugs have been there for a long time, but how
> come we've suddenly had a glut of people enbountering them in normal
> operation when they didn't before Zope 2.6.1?

You must have a short memory. I suffered my first mysterious POSKeyError
within a few weeks of using zope 1-point-something, and have seen a small but
steady trickle of similar reports ever since.

The rate of releases was faster before 2.6. Maybe that made people more likely
to be quietly optimistic about unexplained problems.

--
Toby Dickenson
http://www.geminidataloggers.com/people/tdickenson