[ZODB-Dev] Connection.commit ReadConflictError

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at zope.com
Mon May 19 15:41:33 EDT 2003

On Sun, 2003-05-18 at 13:30, Christian Reis wrote:
> On Sun, May 18, 2003 at 02:07:18PM -0300, Christian Reis wrote:
> > Would appreciate comments! <wink>
> >
> > This small patch makes printing the exception correct. Before:
>
> One thing me and Johan wonder about is what is the process for checking
> in to the ZODB tree. I'm quite used to the process in Mozilla, where
> you apply for review (and it eventually comes down, or a practical
> suggestion), and in parts of Gnome, where you check in and hope nobody
> flames you 8).

The written committer guidlines appear to be here:
http://dev.zope.org/CVS/CommitterGuidelines

Zope is closer to Gnome than Mozilla.

> For small one-liners like this, I'm not sure what is recommended we do
> when working with the ZODB. Is it okay to check in if no comments come
> after a reasonable period of time? Is it not? What about the other
> (slightly more complex) patches I've sent out?

Small fixes are always welcome.

Otherwise, follow your best judgement about whether a change is likely
to be controversial.  Over time, you'll probably develop a good sense of
that.  At first, it's probably best to be conservative.

On a development branch like ZODB3-auth-branch, you can feel fairly free
to change things.

Jeremy