[ZODB-Dev] Integer Overflow on new pack impl

Sidnei da Silva sidnei at x3ng.com
Mon May 19 21:34:49 EDT 2003

Howdy,

I just got an IntegerOverflow while trying to pack a not-so-big ZODB
(3.5Gb) with the new fspack implementation. The error occurred on line
459 of ZODB/fspack.py of Zope-2_6-branch, inside the buildPackIndex
method.

I changed the initialization of 'pos' a few lines above from '4' to
'4L', and I hope that it will do the trick (it takes a few minutes to
pack). I couldnt spot other places where this error can happen.

[]'s
--
Sidnei da Silva (dreamcatcher) <sidnei at x3ng.com.br>
X3ng Web Technology <http://www.x3ng.com.br>

The debate rages on: Is PL/I Bachtrian or Dromedary?