[ZODB-Dev] Is there a zeo-side equivalent to CLIENT_HOME for DBTab.conf?

Jeff Kowalczyk jtk at yahoo.com
Wed May 28 15:36:43 EDT 2003

I'm running a local ZEO:9090 and Zope CVS HEAD on my linux box.
BTW, the setup procedures are getting *really* good, thanks guys!

I have Ape set up with a filesystem storage via DBTab. I haven't
noticed any ill effects yet of replacing the zope instance's
generated custom_zodb.py with the version from DBTab.

I'm trying to point the FS storage to use the /var/zeo/var/mnt as
its basepath without hardcoding it. is there a variable that points
to the zeo's SERVER_HOME or something equivalent?

[Storage: Main]
type=ClientStorage
addr=zeo://localhost:9090

[Database: Main]
cache_size=4000
mount_paths=/

[Storage: FS]
type=apelib.zodb3.storage.ApeStorage
factory=apelib.zope2.fsmapper.createMapper
basepath=%(CLIENT_HOME)s/mnt

[Database: FS]
class=apelib.zodb3.db.ApeDB
cache_size=0
mount_paths=/fs
container_class=OFS.Folder.Folder

FWIW, a DBTab-ready option for makezopeinstance would probaby be
a good thing to have for the future, as Ape gains popularity. Is
DBTab going be superceded by the new Zope config options?

Thanks.