[ZODB-Dev] cPickle: state is not a directory/Upgrade to Zope 2.7failing

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Tue Nov 4 03:48:59 EST 2003

--On Dienstag, 4. November 2003 9:11 Uhr +0100 Andreas Jung
<lists at andreas-jung.com> wrote:

> The site now  starts up after adding a "return" statement inside
> registerHelp() of the HelpSys and inside
> the ZopeTutorial (using pickle.py, cPickle still fails). Ok, I can get to
> the ZMI but my CMF site show up
> as Folder and when I try to open the folder it won't open and spits at me
> :-/ ...very evil....

All these error happened with Zope 2.7 (2.7 branch) and Python 2.3.2.
After switching back to Zope 2.7 + Python 2.2.3 everything is working fine.
So there seems to be some compatibility problem in the pickle implementation
of 2.3.2 vs 2.2.3?! Who is in charge for further investigation?!

Andreas