[ZODB-Dev] Re: ZEO from ZODB-3.1.3 errors on Windows

Jeremy Hylton jeremy at alum.mit.edu
Fri Sep 5 11:37:53 EDT 2003

I think the problem is an incompatibility between Zope 2.6.1 and ZODB
3.1.2.  The ZODB 3.1.2 (now superceded by 3.1.3) is basically equivalent
to Zope 2.6.2.  We made an incompatible API change with 2.6.2/3.1.2 to
make invalidations atomic, which is necessary for consistency.

The solution is to install all of ZODB 3.1.3 into your Zope directory.
This will replace ZODB, BTrees, etc.  You'll basically get all the bug
fixes you'd get from 2.6.2, if it ever gets out of beta :-).

We should have added some warnings about compatibility issues in the
release, but I didn't think of it.

Jeremy