[ZODB-Dev] [Deadlock] Zope 2.6.2 ZEO

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Wed Sep 17 06:24:25 EDT 2003

Hallo Jeremy,

by chance, I started the tests in "ZEO/tests/testZEO.py" inside gdb.
This resulted in a deadlock during "check2StorageThreads":

I have 3 threads:

  The "asynchore" main loop waiting in "poll",

  one thread waiting in "ZEO.zrpc.client.Client.run" (in
  "time.sleep(delay)"),

  and one thread waiting in "ZEO.zprc.client.Client.Connect" (in
  "self.conf.wait(30)".

Outside gdb, the test passes.

In another run (in GDB, too, but this time the complete testsuite),
"check2ZODBThreads" passed, "check4ExtStorageThread" failed
and "check7StorageThreads" caused a deadlock with two threads
waiting in "ZEO.ClientStorage.tpc_begin" on "self._tpc_cond.wait(30)".
I tried to find the hole in unlocking the condition variable, but
failed.

This is ZODB/ZEO from yesterdays Zope 2_6_branch CVS checkout
with python 2.1.3 on Linux (SuSE 8.1).

Dieter