[ZODB-Dev] RE: Re: ZEO cache failed to invalidate... OK now

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Wed Sep 17 20:41:06 EDT 2003

[Doug Winter]
> OK, I'm confused now :)
>
> So is the ZODB3.1 tree a better one to use than ZODB3.2?  I'd made the
> assumption that 3.2 was newer than 3.1, however that's obviously not
> the case.

3.2 hasn't been released yet -- it's still in beta.  If you want a final
release of a ZODB, then you should use the 3.1 line, and preferably 3.1.4
(the most recent).  Read the NEWS files on the release Wikis for details.

> So does the 3.2 tree include the changes made in 3.1?

Which version of 3.1?  The 3.2b2 released in June (which was the most recent
3.2 beta release) certainly doesn't have the fixes in 3.1.4 for bugs
discovered after 3.2b2 was released <wink>.

Jeremy and I are cranking on finishing the 3.2 release ASAP, and the 3.2
ZODB/ZEO code in current CVS contains all the relevant bugfixes in 3.1.4,
plus at least one more (for the sake of which we may release a 3.1.5 later).
But that hasn't been released yet, so unless you want to run from CVS (not
recommended, but encouraged if you want to help test!), 3.1.4 is probably
your best bet right now.  It may not be by this time next week (I expect
3.2b3 will be released by then).