[ZODB-Dev] ZODB packing error

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon Apr 5 13:03:37 EDT 2004

[Marius Gedminas]
> (BTW I've experienced some breakage with 1-day packing recently with
> an older version of Zope.)

Well, without details there's no guessing.  Breakage showing up around a
pack may be due to a pack bug, or it may simply reveal other kinds of
corruption.

> Oops, I meant to say 2.6.4 (the latest Zope packaged for Debian).

Then you've got all the fixes that have been released.  There's another pack
bug known, which is unique to non-Windows boxes (an extremely rare problem,
possibly never seen in real life, due to platform differences in how threads
interact with C stdio).  The most likely symptom of this bug is that, after
a pack, the next attempt to open the database (or the next attempt to pack)
complains "transaction with checkpoint flag set".