[ZODB-Dev] What is the proper ZEO server version to run withZope-2.7.2

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Fri Aug 6 16:11:19 EDT 2004

[Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra]
>  I wonder what is the proper ZEO server version
> (I believe ==ZODB package) to run with Zope-2.7.2-0 ?
>
>  I tried to glue:
>     Zope-2.7.2-0
>     ZEO 2.0 (ZODB3-3.3.0b1.win32-py2.3) # I know this is develop.

Bingo.  That can't work.  ZODB 3.3 hasn't been released yet (you're using a
beta version there), and introduces a new ZEO protocol (to deal with the
consequences of new-in-3.3 MVCC).  No work has been done yet to make that
ZEO protocol compatible in any direction with any older ZEO protocol, or
even to recognize that incompatibility exists.

>     Python 2.3.4

That's fine.

Alas, I was persuaded to skip building a distinct ZODB/ZEO release exactly
corresponding to what shipped with Zope 2.7.2.  That makes answering
questions like yours clumsy at best.  "In theory" you should be able to copy
the ZODB+ZEO code out of your Zope 2.7.2 installation.  I've never tried
that, but if you're feeling adventurous, go for it <wink>.

Easiest would be to download ZODB 3.2.2 (which exactly corresponds to the
ZODB+ZEO code that shipped with Zope 2.7.1, and should be "close enough"):

    http://www.zope.org/Products/ZODB3.2