[ZODB-Dev] What is the proper ZEO server version to run withZope-2.7.2

Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra rodsenra at gpr.com.br
Mon Aug 9 14:07:36 EDT 2004

Christian Robottom Reis <kiko at async.com.br> wrote:
> Use the ZODB-3.2 line -- 3.3 uses new-style classes and there's a lot
> going on there that won't work with stock 2.7.

Thx Kiko!

"Tim Peters" <tim at zope.com> wrote:
> Bingo.  That can't work.  ZODB 3.3 hasn't been released yet (you're
> using a beta version there),

That's precisely why I said :"# I know this is develop."
But thank you Tim for pointing that out.<wink>
By the way, the ZODB Wiki: http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/
shows a Release 3.3b1 based tutorial. IMO that drives newcomers to
dive into ZODB 3.3, despite the beta *keep out* alert sign.

> Alas, I was persuaded to skip building a distinct ZODB/ZEO release > exactly corresponding to what shipped with Zope 2.7.2.

I see.

>  "In theory" you should be able to copy the ZODB+ZEO code out of your
> Zope 2.7.2 installation.  I've never tried  that, but if you're
> feeling adventurous, go for it <wink>.

"In practice" it was necessary to copy out of Zope 2.7.2 the following:
- ZEO
- ZODB
- Persistence
- zLog
- ExtensionClass.pyd
- ThreadLock.pyd, ThreadedAsync
- Btrees, Btree.pyd, IIBtree.pyd, IOBtree.pyd, OIBtree.pyd

Due to my incipient skills I might have over-copied, but it is working.
I thought you'd like to know.

Thank you Tim.

best regards,
Rod Senra