[ZODB-Dev] What is the proper ZEO server version to runwithZope-2.7.2

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Mon Aug 9 16:16:15 EDT 2004

[Rodrigo Dias Arruda Senra]
> By the way, the ZODB Wiki:
> http://zope.org/Wikis/ZODB/FrontPage/guide/
> shows a Release 3.3b1 based tutorial. IMO that drives newcomers to dive
> into ZODB 3.3, despite the beta *keep out* alert sign.

You're the first so far <0.9 wink>.  The release number shows the last time
the docs were updated.  I'm not going to put 6 different versions of the
docs on the Wiki.  Note that the same (although also version-specific)
tutorial is included in the ZODB release, as zodb.pdf.

[Tim Peters]
>> Alas, I was persuaded to skip building a distinct ZODB/ZEO release >
>> exactly corresponding to what shipped with Zope 2.7.2.

> I see.

In part, you managed to un-persuade me -- thanks!  It shouldn't be so
difficult to set up a ZEO server for use with Zope 2.7.2, and there's at
least one important ZEO bugfix in 2.7.2 that wasn't in ZODB 3.2.2.  So, when
the tests finish running, there will be a shiny new ZODB 3.2.3 release,
corresponding to the code in Zope 2.7.2.