[ZODB-Dev] Our sad experience with filestorage

panjunyong panjy at zopechina.ods.org
Fri Jan 16 01:15:26 EST 2004

hi guys,

We have had a zope2.6.2/plone1x instance for our clients with a 1.5G
filestorage full of documents for about 3 months.

And we found such problems:

1. packing will cause PoskeyError!
Sometimes we found we should use a non-zero day parameter to avoid this
and sometimes we should use 0 day when pack.

2. size of ZODB will double when add some documents.
the zodb jumped to about 3G when we added some document today

With these problems, we are very nervous everyday. We begin to doubt if
we should use Filestroage.
Maybe Dirstorage can be better?

Note: we patched zope bad_id to make zope object id support Chinese
Character. Is this the reason that Filestorage works wrong?

And any suggestions for us?

panjunyong
--
http://www.zopechina.com