[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.3 beta 1 released

John Belmonte john at neggie.net
Mon Jun 7 23:21:32 EDT 2004

Tim Peters wrote:
> [John Belmonte]
>
>>Am I correct that the following items, which were previously in the
>>install scripts list, have been removed?
>>
>>   zdctl.py
>>   zdrun.py
>
> No, they're still in setup.py's scripts list.  I didn't change anything
> here.  However, as NEWS said, this is the first release to get packaged with
> zpkgtools, and I think ZODB's setup.py may be irrelevant to what gets
> installed now.  I'm copying Fred Drake, as he will understand this better
> than I do.

I just used the setup.py as always, and am reporting what's getting put
into /usr/bin.

I don't understand about this zpkg thing yet.  I haven't found any
explanation about what's wrong with distutils, or what it adds to
distutils.  With my Debian packager's hat on, if I have to use zpkg to
build and install zodb, that is a big headache.  It means that zpkg has
to be packaged and in Debian itself.

-John

--
http://giftfile.org/  ::  giftfile project