[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.3 beta 1 released

Tim Peters tim at zope.com
Tue Jun 8 11:39:34 EDT 2004

[Jeremy Hylton]
> Also (and I say this realizing that I haven't followed zpkg development
> at all) is there any chance of getting a ZODB release where the code is
> in some obvious looking place?

Absolutely:  upgrade to Windows and it still looks the same <wink>.

> I'm sure I'm just confused because I'm used to the old way of doing
> things, but I initially thought I had grabbed the wrong thing because I
> couldn't find the source code.

I don't understand it either, but I've been working on ZODB, not the
packaging.  It looks like the scheme is designed to make it impossible to do
anything with a tarball release except grep it and run its setup.py (or, in
the Zope X3 release, install.py).  But maybe that turns out to be a good
thing down the road, when packages get combined in creative ways.  In the
meantime, you're free to fork ZODB <wink>.