[ZODB-Dev] ZODB 3.3 beta 1 released

Jim Fulton jim at zope.com
Fri Jun 11 03:52:12 EDT 2004

Fred Drake wrote:
> The distribution layout is definately different.  The layout is mandated by
> Jim.  The model is that a Zope distribution is similar to a Linux
> distribution: there's some bootstrap code at the top, and then a pile of
> packages that get installed.

zpkg is in early stags of development.  It is currently a sort of prototype.

Our goal is to have a very package-driven release process that makes flexible
configuration and application of releases possible.  Over the next few weeks,
we'll be evaluating our experiences with the Zope 3 and ZODB releases to
improve the release process going forward.

Jim