[ZODB-Dev] POSKeyError

Bob Horvath zodb at horvath.com
Fri Oct 8 00:59:41 EDT 2004

I have a working site that has several domains all in the same database file,
one of which has POSKeyErrors. I have tried the various recipes, but I am
very concerned I'll screw things up without a better understanding.

As I understand it, POSKeyErrors are either objects that have no path from the
root, or objects that refer to other objects that don't exist.

For the first case, deleting them seems to be harmless, but for the second, if
you have a folder of things one of which doesn't exist, deleting the folder
seems more destructive than necessary.  Wouldn't it be better to delete the
reference to the item?

If I am using the scripts right, these are the items with errors...

'acl_users'
'Control_Panel'
'standard_html_header'
'standard_html_footer'
'standard_error_message'
'index_html'
'temp_folder'
'browser_id_manager'
'session_data_manager'
'method_id'
'error_log'

These would seem scary to just delete. I have been in this state for months
and have not been able to fix it.  Any suggestions?

Bob