[ZODB-Dev] Convert a ZODB 3.2 -> ZODB 3.3

Chris Cioffi evenprimes at gmail.com
Fri Oct 8 09:04:46 EDT 2004

Well, since I was using the old ExtensionClasses with stand alone ZODB
I couldn't just update and go.

I was trying to open the old to convert the data structures to the
new, however since that wasn't going to work, I decided to junk my old
data and start fresh.  (My ZODB was mostly storing meta-data about an
EDI repository we have, so nothing was really lost.)

It's going to take a day or so to re-run through the 3 GB of data, so
this isn't all that clean, but it'll do. ;->

Chris

On Thu, 7 Oct 2004 16:36:21 -0400, Tim Peters <tim at zope.com> wrote:
> [Jeremy Hylton]
> > (You would almost like to have a brand-new news file for the final
> > release that summarized all the changes in the alphas and betas.)
>
> I wouldn't, and that's why you didn't get one <wink>.  The nanoseconds I
> could make for docs were devoted to updating the ZODB Programming Guide
> instead (which was replaced on zope.org as part of the 3.3 release process).
> Actual docs are much more useful over the long term than endless collections
> of abandoned Wiki pages, notes files, news files, README files, mailing list
> replies, ... although if someone wants to condense 3.3 NEWS to something
> comprehensible, I won't object <wink>.

Firefox!</a>