[ZODB-Dev] Best practices for indexing

Diez Roggisch d.roggisch at ehotel.de
Mon Sep 13 08:59:04 EDT 2004

Hi,

what I like about ZODB is its capabilitiy to store arbitrary objects, thus
allowing me a great degree of freedom and rapid changes in my object model.

But now as I developed a small query-language for my object graph, I
expirienced long execution runtimes due to the need for linear searches on
the nodes of my graph. An indexing scheme of some sort would greatly speed up
things here. But of course the process of maintainging that index is tedious.

So I wonder what you people do to if you want to issue queries on your
datamodel - is it maybe feasible to use ZCatalog for indexing purposes?

Regards,

Diez