[ZODB-Dev] Best practices for indexing

Andreas Jung lists at andreas-jung.com
Mon Sep 13 09:10:57 EDT 2004

--On Montag, 13. September 2004 14:59 Uhr +0200 Diez Roggisch
<d.roggisch at ehotel.de> wrote:

> So I wonder what you people do to if you want to issue queries on your
> datamodel - is it maybe feasible to use ZCatalog for indexing purposes?

The basic purpose of ZCatalog is surely not to index fancy datastructures
but
the attributes of content objects in the ZODB. Best you get the Zope Book
2.7 edition
and read how ZCatalog works and what kind of indexes it provides to figure
out
if they match your usecase. Otherwise write your own index or try something
else :-)
For complex queries look at AdvancedQuery.

-aj