[ZODB-Dev] Best practices for indexing

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Mon Sep 13 15:02:14 EDT 2004

Diez Roggisch wrote at 2004-9-13 15:30 +0200:
>> The basic purpose of ZCatalog is surely not to index fancy datastructures
>> but
>> the attributes of content objects in the ZODB. Best you get the Zope Book
>> 2.7 edition
>> and read how ZCatalog works and what kind of indexes it provides to figure
>> out
>> if they match your usecase.
>
>Ok, so it seems its not - my objects are not so much text-based.

Seems, you did not read this section carefully...
Please retry.

Most standard indexes are not text-based...

You may also have a look at "Managable Index"

  <http://www.dieter.handshake.de/pyprojects/zope>

Read the "concepts" section carefully to understand how
indexes and objects are related.

--
Dieter