[ZODB-Dev] Transaction note interface

Christian Theune ct at gocept.com
Wed Sep 15 12:35:40 EDT 2004

Howdi

Am Mi, den 15.09.2004 schrieb Tim Peters um 17:40:
> 3.2.4 and 3.3 have both gone into "release candidate" status since this
> started, so it's too late for them.  3.2.5/3.3.1 are the earliest
> opportunities now.

I can live with that. I'm living on a fix in my app code currently
anyway.

> I don't think anything goes that fast, alas.  There's at least the code, and
> testing, and writing new tests, and docs, and porting across ZODB versions,
> and writing NEWS blurbs.  The code is the least of it:  FileStorage._begin()
> needs to be rewritten, to replace (this is non-obvious) self._ude with
> chopped versions if necessary, to recompute self._thl accordingly, and to
> pump out log messages.
>
> The value of a patch is that it would be an unambiguous way of communicating
> exactly what kind of chopping you could live with.  If I do it, I'd take
> approximately 32K characters each from the start and from the end, and stick
> "\n\n[... data removed here, to fit in 64KB ...]\n\n" in the middle.

This would be what I would be doing. For my own sake, I'll try to get that
done on the plane when I'm off for the Plone Conference. Hope I can send you
something within the next week.

Cheers,
Christian

--
Tagung der Deutschsprachigen Zope Usergroup in München
am 8. und 9. Oktober 2004 - www.dzug.org

Christian Theune - ct at gocept.com - www.gocept.com