[ZODB-Dev] ZODB growing / What triggers a transaction? (Geändert von jdb30570@gmx.net)

Dieter Maurer dieter at handshake.de
Fri Sep 24 15:06:59 EDT 2004

jdb30570 at gmx.net wrote at 2004-9-21 22:48 +0200:
>The problem is: I have custom file and container classes derived from
>File and Folder.

I posted extensions to "fsdump" that shows you the size of the
individual objects in a transactions.
This allows you to find out which objects are responsible
for the excessive growth.

>Each of these inherits from a class called 'UserAware'
>which implements user specific features, such as a list of recently
>visited items.

Keep such information in separate persistent subobjects!
Ensure that these subobjects remain small.
Good candidates are "BTree" derivatives.
Make a change to such an object only when something really changes.

--
Dieter